QUALIFIER TOURNAMENT DAY DETAILS
- Participants must be registered nationally and locally to compete.
- 8 tournaments between January and February
- 280 Team Capacity for the Virtual/Remote Tournaments this Season
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING TEAM PARTICIPATION MATERIALS:
- Team participation packets (challenge pins and participation certificates) will be distributed to coaches at the END OF THE TOURNAMENT DAY.
- Please designate a parent to pick up your team packet, if the coach is not present to retrieve the packet.
- NC FTC will NOT be mailing unclaimed packets this season.
- Your team must participate in the tournament in order to receive a packet.
Parents are welcome to take a seat in the competition area to view morning practice runs and afternoon Robot Performance runs.
The following areas are for teams only, and parents and siblings are not permitted:
- in the pit area
- on the competition floor or at the competition fields
- in the interview area
Coaches, please communicate this information directly to parents prior to tournament day.
Parents, thank you in advance for your compliance and understanding.
GAME FORUM Q&A - https://ftc-qa.firstinspires.org/
Anyone may view questions and answers within the FIRST® Tech Challenge game Q&A forum without a password. To submit a new question, you must have a unique Q&A system user name and password for your team.
Please click HERE for a comprehensive list of standard awards to be distributed at each event, and pre-event submission criteria for Optional Awards.
- Control Awards Self Nomination Forms will be accepted on tournament date, and are due at team check-in by 8:00am.
- Participation in Promote and Compass Award video submission for each event is optional. Please visit the Awards Page for more information on how to submit videos directly to the judges.
*The deadline to submit videos for Promote and Compass Awards is 8:00pm the evening BEFORE tournament day.
TOURNAMENT DAY SCHEDULE AT-A-GLANCE
& Pit-Set Up
*Digital copies will not be accepted. On-site printing is not available.
- OPTIONAL - Control Award - Self Nomination Form
- OPTIONAL - Opt in to receiving the Judge Feedback Form
Qualification Matches begin
Qualification Matches Resume
Pit Clean Up &
Final Judge Deliberation
End of Tournament/
*Coaches will receive the Interview schedule via email 2 days prior to tournament day.
- Teams to participate in ONE judging interview (15 min)
- up to 3 Judges per judging room
- Please turn in a PRINTED version of your team's ENGINEERING PORTFOLIO at team check-in. Portfolios are due by 8:00am.
- Please arrive in the judging area no less than 5-minutes prior to your interview start time.
- There WILL be pit visits during the tournament.
Feedback forms (upon request) completed after each interview. Coaches will receive a copy of Judge feedback at the end of the tournament day.
SORRY, NOT THIS YEAR...
- No coaches, parents or spectators in the interview room.
-*No parents or spectators in team que or the competition field area.
Note: Packets will not be mailed this season. Please designate a parent to pick up your team packet, if the coach is not present to retrieve it at the end of the tournament day.